Welcome to my Blog!

I am Lisa Bluhm Mrs. Pacific Northwest 2010-2011. I am competing in March for the title of Mrs. Washington. The Mrs. Washington Pageant is about making a difference. As a contestant I volunteer my time and talents to serve charities and organizations. I am also an active participant in my community. I am passionate about many different organizations and leave myself open to be able to support or participate in as many as I can.

My platform is called "Unlock Your Potential". It has always been my passion to inspire and encourage others to discover their goals or dreams and then teach them the steps to achieve success. When I hear people say I could never do that, I am not talented or anything that is negative towards their capabilities I feel called to action to help them see they have the potential to do or be anything they want to be. It may not be the same goals or dreams someone else has but their own personal challenges that lie within them. Once they realize they have the potential and they can achieve their dreams they are on their way to achieving success in their life. It can be as simple as getting their house organized or running a marathon. I am able to use my personal experiences in trials and triumphs as examples to encourage and inspire them on their journey. Throughout the year I will be featuring different peoples stories and sharing how they have unlocked their potential. Will you be one of them? Contact me with your story I would love to hear about it!

It is my desire to be Mrs. Washington so that I may represent the married women of our state. I consider it an honor and a responsibility. I take this role seriously. With my 22 years of marriage and a lifetime of experiences I am ready to continue fulfilling my role as a leader and a mentor. As Mrs. Washington I will have the opportunity to reach out to even more people in our state sharing my platform and have more opportunities to volunteer and bring awareness to non profit organizations that make our state so great.

I have unlocked my own potential in many areas of my life. Competing in marathons and triathalons, leading women's groups, leading children's groups, coaching teams and starting my own business. After being a stay at home mom for several years I took my passion for creating soldered art and shared it with others. My company Simply Swank llc was born! I developed my own technique and product line that is now sold in stores globally. I am also the author of Simple Soldered Jewelry and Accessories, the host and instructor of Simply Solder DVD and am currently writing a new book.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Olympic View Elementary Mrs. Hancock's Music Classes

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Olympic View
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Create a scrapbooking design



What a great day I had visiting Olympic View Elementary. Mrs. Hancock is a wonderful music teacher. Her class is full of instruments and lively posters. She is very creative and is passionate about music and her students! I hung out with her in the class room for several classes but their was field trip today so some of the classes were gone. She arranged for us to go around the school and visit various classes that were not scheduled for music that day.

Mrs. Baydo-Reed's 6th grade class was the first class of the day. They were so quiet I do no think they were even awake yet! They livened up when they started playing the folk tale song off to the village.

Ms. Bircher's 4th grade class sang and performed some songs on their recorders.

Next we visited Mrs. Loyer's 1st grade, Ms. Brown's 6th grade, Ms. Rajcich's 4th grade & Mrs. Harris's 2nd grade classes.

After lunch we went back to the music room for the 6th grade girls Tinikling dance practice for the upcoming multi-cultural night performance. This is performed with long poles that are moved in a rhythmic motion. The dancers jump across and in between the poles while they are moving. It reminded me of double dutch jump rope moves. The girls made up their own
routines to perform.

Next we visited Mrs. Knapps 3rd grade and Mrs. William's 1st grade classes.

Lastly it was back to the music room for 3 more classes.

Mrs. Silverman's 1st grade class played sang and played some fun music games Lucy Locket and Elephants on a Spider Web!

Mrs. Kendig's Kindergarten class started out with the Macarena Months song. This is just like the Macarena dance put the lyrics are the months of the year. It was so cute! Then they played sound effects to words in a story "Bedtime at the Swamp". It was very fun.

Mrs. Storedahl's 3rd grade class ended the day by singing a Portuguese lullaby and performing an Irish dance that was very lively!

The students were very well behaved and had great questions for me. They even got me to sing a song for them! I was so tired at the end of the day. These teachers do amazing jobs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment