Welcome to my Blog!

I am Lisa Bluhm Mrs. Pacific Northwest 2010-2011. I am competing in March for the title of Mrs. Washington. The Mrs. Washington Pageant is about making a difference. As a contestant I volunteer my time and talents to serve charities and organizations. I am also an active participant in my community. I am passionate about many different organizations and leave myself open to be able to support or participate in as many as I can.

My platform is called "Unlock Your Potential". It has always been my passion to inspire and encourage others to discover their goals or dreams and then teach them the steps to achieve success. When I hear people say I could never do that, I am not talented or anything that is negative towards their capabilities I feel called to action to help them see they have the potential to do or be anything they want to be. It may not be the same goals or dreams someone else has but their own personal challenges that lie within them. Once they realize they have the potential and they can achieve their dreams they are on their way to achieving success in their life. It can be as simple as getting their house organized or running a marathon. I am able to use my personal experiences in trials and triumphs as examples to encourage and inspire them on their journey. Throughout the year I will be featuring different peoples stories and sharing how they have unlocked their potential. Will you be one of them? Contact me with your story I would love to hear about it!

It is my desire to be Mrs. Washington so that I may represent the married women of our state. I consider it an honor and a responsibility. I take this role seriously. With my 22 years of marriage and a lifetime of experiences I am ready to continue fulfilling my role as a leader and a mentor. As Mrs. Washington I will have the opportunity to reach out to even more people in our state sharing my platform and have more opportunities to volunteer and bring awareness to non profit organizations that make our state so great.

I have unlocked my own potential in many areas of my life. Competing in marathons and triathalons, leading women's groups, leading children's groups, coaching teams and starting my own business. After being a stay at home mom for several years I took my passion for creating soldered art and shared it with others. My company Simply Swank llc was born! I developed my own technique and product line that is now sold in stores globally. I am also the author of Simple Soldered Jewelry and Accessories, the host and instructor of Simply Solder DVD and am currently writing a new book.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

2010 Kid's Fair Moses Lake

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Kids Fair 2010
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
This photobook created with Smilebox


This was our second year to have the kid's fair at the Walmart in Moses Lake. It was so much fun. We had face painting, nail spa, golfing, digging for dino's, massages, and lot's of prizes. It was a beautiful sunny day.

The Mrs. Washington Pageant Contestants visited the Radio Station to have a voice recording to be played during the pageant. We also had a practice for our 70's dance routine and our opening number. The routines are booth very cool and will make a great show!

1 comment:

  1. Volunteers express outrage and demand investigation of Moses Lake Food Board of Directors

    MOSES LAKE — On the heels of the recent sudden resignation of longtime Moses Lake Food Bank Executive Director Linda Finlay, several Moses Lake Food Bank volunteers are speaking about how some of the Board members unfairly forced her to resign and are demanding an investigation of the Board.

    On April 29th, in a prepared statement Linda Finlay stated “..... after 29 years with .... the Moses Lake Food Bank, I resigned due to circumstances beyond my control. I cherish the opportunity I had to freely help so many people for so many years.”

    Since April 29th several resignations of food bank volunteers have occurred in support of Linda Finlay.

    Volunteer Bruce Diehl said he thought Finlay’s resignation was “for the worse.”

    Volunteer Bunny Coker stated the volunteers were shunned by the Food Bank Board members which is a shame. "What is the Food Bank Board of Directors hiding!," said Coker.

    Diehl and Coker said they will quit volunteering at the food bank.

    Volunteer Jeff Powell said he will not return to the food bank under the current board. With different leadership, he would be happy to return, he said.

    Food Bank supporter Bob Johnson said “Board member Glen Goodman is responsible for this. He forced Linda Finlay to resign. I am going to start a petition to the Moses Lake Food Bank and ask Glen's resignation from the Board of Directors at the Moses Lake Food Bank. "

    Vera Hurd, a loyal supporter of the Food Bank said “15 volunteers resign at the same as the Executive Director…What is wrong with this picture??? I think the public should know the other side of the story.”

    "The members of this Board should search their souls. In our country we have become all too familiar with the dishonesty and behind-the-door politicking....it's time for a State audit and legal inquiry to make sure the by-laws, letters of incorporation, etc. are all in order," stated Judie Champie, long time volunteer to the Moses Lake Food Bank.

    According to Food Bank volunteer Jeff Williams, “I've volunteered at the Food Bank for several years and I can tell you that a couple of the Board Members of Moses Lake Food Bank are control freaks. One in particular, Glen Goodman, drives everyone crazy. I think Glen's rude and overbearing style drove Linda Finlay crazy. I would vote to have Linda come back and that Glen Goodman resign.”

    "Those of us who have volunteered at the food bank know the underlying reason for Linda' resignation. The total lack of support for her, the refusal of the board to recognize the value of the volunteers and the subversive actions taken against Linda is the primary reason. Why did the board chairman step down at the meeting?" said Ron Zumwalt, long time Moses Lake Food Bank volunteer.

    “This is a power play by Board Member Glen Goodman and his cohorts,” said volunteer Lisa Jones. “Glen wanted to micromanage everyone and he suffocated Linda and the volunteers with his over controlling and obsessive compulsive behavior.”

    Don Larson said “As a person who has donated time to the food bank, it seems that this board has something to hide….The board has SHUNNED their volunteers for many years, no wonder they all resigned. Those of us who know Linda Finlay and how she dedicated her life to the food bank…there are some serious issues going on at those board meetings that are not open to the public for her to leave so abruptly….Why does the food bank run so successfully for many, many years under the direction of Linda Finlay and then she all of a sudden resigns! Sounds like an official inquiry should be done on this board?"

    "I volunteered once at the Food Bank last year. One of the Board Members at the Food Bank, Glen Goodman, was yelling at Linda and some of the volunteers. Anyhow, I can see why Linda resigned. I wouldn't want to take that kind of abuse on a daily basis,” stated volunteer Steve Smith.

    ReplyDelete