Welcome to my Blog!

I am Lisa Bluhm Mrs. Pacific Northwest 2010-2011. I am competing in March for the title of Mrs. Washington. The Mrs. Washington Pageant is about making a difference. As a contestant I volunteer my time and talents to serve charities and organizations. I am also an active participant in my community. I am passionate about many different organizations and leave myself open to be able to support or participate in as many as I can.

My platform is called "Unlock Your Potential". It has always been my passion to inspire and encourage others to discover their goals or dreams and then teach them the steps to achieve success. When I hear people say I could never do that, I am not talented or anything that is negative towards their capabilities I feel called to action to help them see they have the potential to do or be anything they want to be. It may not be the same goals or dreams someone else has but their own personal challenges that lie within them. Once they realize they have the potential and they can achieve their dreams they are on their way to achieving success in their life. It can be as simple as getting their house organized or running a marathon. I am able to use my personal experiences in trials and triumphs as examples to encourage and inspire them on their journey. Throughout the year I will be featuring different peoples stories and sharing how they have unlocked their potential. Will you be one of them? Contact me with your story I would love to hear about it!

It is my desire to be Mrs. Washington so that I may represent the married women of our state. I consider it an honor and a responsibility. I take this role seriously. With my 22 years of marriage and a lifetime of experiences I am ready to continue fulfilling my role as a leader and a mentor. As Mrs. Washington I will have the opportunity to reach out to even more people in our state sharing my platform and have more opportunities to volunteer and bring awareness to non profit organizations that make our state so great.

I have unlocked my own potential in many areas of my life. Competing in marathons and triathalons, leading women's groups, leading children's groups, coaching teams and starting my own business. After being a stay at home mom for several years I took my passion for creating soldered art and shared it with others. My company Simply Swank llc was born! I developed my own technique and product line that is now sold in stores globally. I am also the author of Simple Soldered Jewelry and Accessories, the host and instructor of Simply Solder DVD and am currently writing a new book.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Peter G. Schmidt Elementary with Music Teacher Mrs. Williams






What a funtastic day I had at Peter G. Elementary! This is the last school I will be visiting for Music In Our Schools Month. I met Mrs. Williams and her 6th grade classes when they performed at the Tumwater Youth Program hosted Tree Lighting event. I was the MC for the event inside the fire station where several choirs performed. It was a great opportunity for our community to see music education in action. It also gave me a great opportunity to share with them the importance of music education and how they can be advocates for it.

Mrs. Williams is one of those teachers that everybody loves!! She is full of life and energy. The music she picks for the kids to sing is fun and lively. She also teaches them movements as well so when they perform it is very fun to watch. The 6th graders performed Don't Stop Believin while we waited for the parade to start. Yes that's right a crazy hat parade! Today the entire school and staff were celebrating Dr. Suess's Birthday by wearing silly hats. The entire school participates in a parade that winds through all the class rooms. I wore my crazy hat...my tiara and joined in on the fun. This school knows how to have a good time!!

I started out the day with Mrs. Peirce's 2nd grade class. After sharing my message about the importance of music education the students performed a few of their Cinco De Mayo songs they are practicing for an upcoming performance.

Miss Clayton's 5th grade class and Mrs. Center's 3rd grade class spent the whole time talking with me about Music Education and lots of questions about the pageant.

Mr. Colgan's 4th grade class played their recorders for me. 3 songs that they will be playing for their parents at an upcoming concert. They sounded amazing and I could tell they had been practicing!

The last class of the day Mrs. Knutzen's 1st grade were wiggly and a very active group, after all it was the end of crazy hat day who wouldn't be wiggly!! After we talked about Music Education they sang a few farm songs for their upcoming "Moosical"

I had so much fun at Peter G. It's the only school that had a parade while I was there!! Mrs. Williams is a wonderful and talented teacher and I am grateful for people like her who inspire our children to be creative and express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment